Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Natural (1984): Soundtrack Composed and Conducted by Randy Newman

It sounds like … America. With a taste of Copland, Thomson, Gershwin, and that most American of all composers, Dvorak.

This gets my vote for the greatest score of all time, just ahead of James Horner’s soundtrack for Field of Dreams.


Re-posted by Nicholas Stix (New Version)

In my opinion, this is the greatest score in the history of pictures. However, I can’t vouch for the order here. I stuck with the playlist upload order at youtube, except for the passage “Penthouse Party,” which I recall being jazzy and early in the picture, before the crazy lady does her thing, except that the passage here is not at all party-like. I haven’t seen the picture in years, and someone stole my soundtrack many years ago, so I can’t figure it out. Maybe you can.

In any event, download it, before the Kopyright Kops catch up to it, the way they did the much shorter version previously hosted at youtube, and re-posted here.

 
Upload, thanks to Nik Focht and jrs689.
 

Prologue 1915-1923
 


 


The Whammer Strikes Out
 


 


The Old Farm 1939
 


 


Knock the Cover Off the Ball
 


 

Memo
 


 

Losing is a Disease
 


 

The Natural Theme
 

jrs689 writes: The part you all came to hear starts at 2:18.


 

Wrigley Field
 


 

Iris and Roy
 


 

Winning
 


 

A Father Makes All the Difference
 


 

Penthouse Party
 


 

End Titles
 


 

The Natural Theme
 


 

“Composed by Randy Newman. This track is not used in the film.”

No comments: