Sunday, January 15, 2012

Estranged Wife Punches through Family-Room Window: The Danger of a Woman Scorned

By Nicholas Stix

 
Husband hangs up phone on wife during argument, wife comes home and punches in window
Kirkland Police Blotter
By Matt Phelps
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Domestic: 12:21 a.m., 9700 block of N.E. 126th Place. A 37-year-old woman was arrested after she showed up to her husband’s house and broke the front family-room window with her fist. The two have been separated for two years and live in separate houses. The woman came to the home after being hung up on by her husband during a phone call where they were arguing about ongoing issues.

* * *


And so, when The Boss asks if, when she divorces me, I’ll still come by and make her coffee just the way she likes it, I don’t argue with her. And when she asks if, when she divorces me, I’ll still come by and make her grilled cheese sandwiches just the way she likes ‘em, I don’t argue with her.

But I draw the line at her requests to teach her how to cook pork chops and such. After all, if she can cook ‘em like I do, what’ll she need me for? Hopefully, that refusal won’t one day serve as a pretext for her punching out any windows, although, like I always say, better she should punch out a window, than punch out my lights.

No comments: