Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No Hat, No Service: Did You Hear about Knoxville’s Biscuit Festival?

 

Charlie Daniel's Knoxville News Sentinel cartoon for Sunday, May 19, 2013 #biscuitfest #Rosy


By Nicholas Stix

Last week, I spent six days in the lovely city of Knoxville, Tennessee. Unfortunately, the reason for my visit was very unlovely: I was attending the seventh trial for the racial atrocity I dubbed The Knoxville Horror back in 2007. (Not my seventh trial, however. I had been unable to attend the previous trials.)

From May 16-18, the city held a “Biscuit Festival.” I didn’t get to taste any festival biscuits (as opposed to ones served at the Holiday Inn for breakfast), but I did attend a lovely concert at the city’s Market Place, which was a part of the Festival. A local big band played classic tunes from The Great American Songbook, with a couple of tuneful girl singers, and a couple of (less tuneful) musicians from the band singing. Members of the audience danced in the style of the era, and a good time was had by all.

Look for my report on the trial at VDARE, hopefully late tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your report. I know how much work you've put into it.

David In TN